WHO WE ARE
LAKEHOUSE is an award-winning, family owned “lifestyle store” assembled like a great recipe, combining unique ingredients to create an exceptional and unexpected experience. We’ve sourced hundreds of suppliers and thousands of items from around the world in categories including gourmet kitchen, furniture, home décor, wine and bar, and giftware. Our family of fun, creative people are as passionate about creating magic for our guests are they are about working with our team.
HOW YOU FIT
At LAKEHOUSE, you have the opportunity to enhance each guest encounter with inspired customer service. As a natural host, you want to ensure everyone that enters the store has a memorable experience. You understand that the true value of a sale is in the relationships you create, and thrive to build lasting connections with each client. Your extensive product knowledge means your clients rely on you for expertise and advice. Most of all, you are excited about working with a positive, high energy team that brings passion to what they do.
YOUR TYPICAL DAY:
- Greeting guests with warmth and genuine interest in helping them find those perfect products.
- Asking the right questions to understand client’s personal story, style, and needs in order to tailor each sale.
- Arranging displays to make the most of our beautiful space and inventory.
- Proactively seeking opportunities to improve the atmosphere and presentation.
- Promptly resolving customer complaints and ensuring maximum client satisfaction.
- Offering hands-on assistance to teammates to keep things running smoothly.
- Demonstrating various kitchen gadgets, cook’s tools, cookware, and various small appliances.
- Offering clear communication to clients and teammates so everyone has the information they need; maintaining knowledge of neighbourhood treasures and shopping opportunities to layer unique items into their homes (we love building community).
- Managing sales goals and targets with exceptional closing ability and customer service, and a drive for success.
- Offering creative contributions to ensure we are always improving as a team.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Clear, effective communication, organization and presentation skills
- Exceptional understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Familiarity with POS systems and inventory procedures
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a collaborative spirit
- Basic math skills
- Product Knowledge
A few more details:
- Competitive wages based on experience
- 20 to 40 hours per week
- Employee benefits available
- Schedule flexible for University students
- Our team works together to ensure our schedule is covered weekends and holidays
- Must love dogs
To apply, please bring your resume and cover letter directly to our Alison Hart at our Bernard location at our new Ellis St Location (beside BNA), and have a browse at our amazing selection of products. We can’t wait to find out what you can bring to our team.