Position: Marketing Specialist
The Plant Engineering and Maintenance Association of Canada is a national, not-for-profit industry and technical association for maintenance, reliability and physical asset management practitioners and professionals in Canada.
PEMAC provides global leadership, education and certification in maintenance, reliability and asset management practices.
Reports to: PEMAC Executive Director
The Marketing Specialist will assist PEMAC with daily efforts to communicate with and assist those we seek to serve including existing and potential members. With assistance from the team of coordinators who deliver PEMAC’s programs and services, the Marketing Specialist will stay up to date on the activities and key accomplishments of PEMAC and its members and prepare weekly and monthly plans for promotion and communications efforts.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Creating, managing, executing and reporting on annual marketing and public relations plans for each segment of the association (membership, education, etc.)
- Updating website content
- Creating news postings, social media postings (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) and bulk email communications
- Writing and editing of print and electronic communication materials in collaboration with our graphic designer (brochures, power point slides, press releases)
- Sourcing and maintaining supply of promotional items, and managing distribution to Chapter and national events
- Establishing, coordinating and maintaining partnership opportunities with like-minded organizations
- Researching, managing, selecting and participating in external trade shows and other events
- Coordinating the content development for “PEMAC Now” magazine in association with the publisher
- Managing new, and one-time marketing projects from time to time such as video production
- Responding to inquiries
- Proficiency in .html, GSuite and social media platforms is required (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite or Buffer)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent content writing skills
- Superior time management skills with strong attention to detail and quality
- Highly service-oriented with exceptional organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently as well as alongside marketers and other creative individuals
- Proven decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commercial awareness partnered with a creative mind
- Diploma or certificate in administration, marketing, public relations, or communications
- 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of current marketing trends and multimedia platforms
- Bilingual French/English preferred
Job Type: Contract
This is a work-from-home opportunity averaging 20 to 30 Hours per week.
Submit Cover Letter telling me why you are the best candidate for this role and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We appreciate everyone who applies for the position; however, we will only contact those individuals we would like to interview.