Reporting to the Regional Human Resources Manager, the successful incumbent will be responsible for managing all types of recourse, coordinating workplace investigations, and Labour Relations case management (performance, discipline, disability management). Additionally, you will have the opportunity to conduct research and support the collective bargaining agreement.
This role will provide guidance, support, advice and training to management and supervisory personnel in the consistent application and interpretation of the collective agreements in multiple locations within British Columbia. They will also develop and maintain equitable and harmonious union/management relations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Assist in executing the labour strategy as set forth by Shared Services.
· Partner with local managers in order to build credibility with employees, maintain good morale, and gain trust of management
· Key contact for labour relations function – assist in day-to-day contract administration issues such as grievance processing, reporting, providing interpretative guidance to management/supervisors.
· Front-line point of contact for union representatives regarding all issues related to the collective agreement
· Interpret, advise, coach and train management on collective agreement, policies, legislation and best practices.
· Facilitate and ensure consistent application of collective agreements, policies and legislation etc.
· Provide expert advice to all levels of management on the proper handling of union/management issues including terminations, discipline, and grievances.
· Co-chair in the joint labour relations committees and work closely with management and union to proactively respond to labor issues, grievances, mediations, arbitrations, etc.
· Meet with union executives, joint steering committees, department steering committees as required to resolve issues and concerns raised by the employees, union and/or management
· Key resource in the collective bargaining process and a member of the bargaining team
· Assist in major investigations and fact finding on employee and labor relations issues within the hourly group
· Work independently to meet deadlines and be flexible in managing multiple and shifting priorities while maintaining sensitive and confidential issues responsibly and professionally
· Maintain highly confidential departmental and/or Company records and information
· Perform HR related tasks, as requested (HR administration, training, etc.)
· Bachelor’s degree in related discipline including Labour Relations or Human Resources
· Minimum 3 years experience in labor relations or HR working with Collective Agreements
· 3 years of involvement in the collective bargaining process
· Certified Human Resources Leader is considered an asset
· Knowledgeable on Health and Safety, including Mental Health standards and requirements
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Ability to work as a strong team player
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
· Ability to thrive in a high-paced environment, demonstrating proven time management skills; able to deal with the pressures of deadlines, interruptions and changing priorities
· Strong computer skills; Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Ability to demonstrate values aligned with Organizational values
To apply, please contact Shawna Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your resume. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your application.