Position: Instructional Designer / Curriculum Development Specialist
The Plant Engineering and Maintenance Association of Canada is a national, not-for-profit industry and technical association for maintenance, reliability and physical asset management practitioners and professionals in Canada.
PEMAC provides global leadership, education and certification in maintenance, reliability and asset management practices.
Reports to: Education and Professional Development Manager
We are currently looking for a motivated Instructional Designer / Curriculum Development Specialist to lead the continuous improvement of PEMAC’s catalogue of maintenance and asset management courses. In addition to maintaining the current course curriculum, this individual will also lead the development of new course offerings.
This position requires attention to detail, strong project management skills, as well as strong technical writing, proofreading and communication skills. The successful candidate will have experience in instructional design for multiple learning environments.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with a team of volunteer members who are content experts and able to provide insight into the participants’ perspective as well as relevant case study examples.
- Guide these content experts through the process of successful revision of course materials including lessons, handouts, case studies, assignments, quizzes and/or exams.
- Deliver vision and leadership to engage staff and volunteers in continuous improvement of PEMAC’s education offerings.
- Manage the review of program and course curricula to ensure they are current, relevant, and reflective of best practices and free of errors and omissions.
- Design and develop content and practical learning experiences for a variety of international audiences for instructor led delivery methods and for both face to face, synchronous and asynchronous delivery formats.
- Design and develop lessons, case studies, assignments, instructors’ notes, exams and any other necessary supplementary materials.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts.
- Manage and execute the communication and roll out plan of new and revised material to instructors and institutions.
- Collect and analyze feedback from participants, instructors and teaching institutions
- Maintain database of instructor resources and source files for all curriculum.
- Engage in virtual meetings and phone calls across multiple time zones, during daytime and occasionally evening hours, as well as communication through email.
- Communicate through Virtual.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings.
- Demonstrated experience in developing curriculum and public or private education materials
- Project management experience
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively as part of a team and participate in consultative decision making
- Knowledge of various and current learning approaches
- Application of instructional design and principles of adult learning
- Strong technical and creative writing and excellent copy-editing skills
- Ability to articulate and lead the instructional design and revision processes
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with content design and development of material
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple assignments.
- Master’sdegree in Instructional Design
- Specialty in Adult Learning
- 5 years’ experience in related fields, with preferred 2-5 additional years of experience in curriculum development
- Bilingual French/English preferred
Job Type: Contract
This is a work-from-home opportunityaveraging 30 to 40 Hours per week.
Preference will be given to candidates that have experience with technical programs such as engineering, maintenance, physical asset management, or similar types of learning materials.
Submit Cover Letter telling me why you are the best candidate for this role and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We appreciate everyone who applies for the position; however, we will only contact those individuals we would like to interview.