Village West Developments has more than 20 years’ experience and provides a full complement of services including liquor stores, self-storage, property management and retail outlets.
They currently have two divisions: A retail division consisting of Liquor Stores, Amusement Park and a Property division that owns and manages buildings and a strip mall.
The company are also firm believers in the importance of working collaboratively to ensure their customers voice is heard and their vision is incorporated into the businesses that they cultivate and grow. It is this commitment to developing long-term relationships, coupled with their energy and enthusiasm that has allowed them to create new and unforgettable places in Salmon Arm and surrounding area.
Location: Salmon Arm
Position: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Kelowna Human Resources on behalf of Village West Developments is seeking a COO. If you are a Finance Professional with operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management and are interested in joining a high-growth, mission driven organization we would like to talk to you!
Reports to: President
Reporting to the President and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, you will hold responsibility for contributing to the development of the organization’s strategic goals, as well as overseeing the financial and operational management of VW Developments.
In addition to the strategic components, the successful candidate will be tasked with developing and implementing additional policies and procedures both in the finance and general operational areas.
What you will bring:
Strategic Planning and Operations Management
• Contribute to the development of VW Developments strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
• Effectively implement the vision for the company to provide the strategic vision, planning, and operational leadership to ensure the company’s success and prosperity.
• Advise the President and other key members of senior management on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters.
• Serve as the management liaison to the board and audit committee; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at select board of directors and committee meetings.
• Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the president informed of all critical issues.
• Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking and lease negotiations.
• Responsible for tracking and approving all asset management regarding inventory expenditure and optimizing all inventory costs.
• Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the finance and operations teams.
• Promote effective communications at all levels of the company by holding regular employee meetings and ensuring timely dissemination of relevant information.
• Coach and mentor direct reports to promote professional development and drive team and company performance.
• Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
• Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
• Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountability, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
• Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach. Monitor and evaluate results.
• Develop and regularly monitor appropriate performance metrics, financial forecasts to identify areas for improvement.
• Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
• Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process.
• Ensure that VW Developments is adhering to the strategic plan, delivering status reports to the board.
• Provide analytical support to VW Developments internal management team including development of internal management reporting capabilities.
• Improve administrative and operational accounting services such as payment processing, payroll, accounts, payable, and purchasing.
What you need to have:
• Business or Accounting degree mandatory
• CA or CPA preferred
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience gained in a high-growth organization
Must be familiar with multi business finance and accounting regulations, any experience with retail store management or construction would be an asset
• Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization
Village West Developments is an equal opportunity employer who offers a competitive wage along with group benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested candidates for their application; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
• Submit Cover Letter and resume telling me why you are the best candidate for this role. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• No phone calls please
We appreciate everyone who applies for the position; however, we will only contact those individuals we would like to interview.
Industry: Consumer Goods and Services
Benefits: Extended health care/Vision care/ Dental care