Location: Kelowna, BC
Position: Certified Professional Bookkeeper
The Plant Engineering and Maintenance Association of Canada is a national, not-for-profit industry and technical association for maintenance, reliability and physical asset management practitioners and professionals in Canada.
PEMAC provides global leadership, education and certification in maintenance, reliability and asset management practices.
Reports to: PEMAC Executive Director
The Bookkeeper will oversee the company’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations. You will perform daily accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries, and record payments and adjustments.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Pay bills, follow up on accounts receivable
- Enter timesheets into the payroll system
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, provincial and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- GST reporting
- Follow Company Standards
- Analyze Information
- Deal with Complexity
- Report Research Results
- Data Entry
- Quick Books Accounting
- Attention to Detail
- Certified Professional Bookkeeper from Institute of Professional Bookkeepers of Canada preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in finance
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications.
Job Type: Contract
This is a work-from-home opportunity averaging 25 to 30 Hours per week.
Submit Cover Letter telling me why you are the best candidate for this role and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We appreciate everyone who applies for the position; however, we will only contact those individuals we would like to interview.